Soak up the Sun (or Enjoy the Shade) with Expert Backyard Landscaping in Westhampton
Your backyard should be your playground - your own little piece of the world. When planning your backyard landscaping, you have the freedom to create a place where you will be able to unwind, play, entertain, read or do whatever you enjoy. Front yard landscaping design can be dictated by neighborhood style and regulations, but in the backyard you have more freedom to create an environment that corresponds to your tastes and likes.
Our job is to help you create a backyard landscape that is every bit as awe-inspiring as it is environmentally sound, taking into account how you plan to use your backyard space. Your job is to sit back and enjoy the view. Whether you love the sun or the shade, we can help you design the perfect backyard landscape.
Getting Started on Your Backyard Design
So the first thing that we will do when working on your backyard design, is to ask you a few (or many) questions:
- What do you plan to do in your backyard?
- What are your priorities for your backyard space?
- Will you be there mostly alone or will the whole family be using your backyard to entertain often?
- Does your backyard need to provide beautiful views from inside the house?
- What special features are important? (outdoor kitchen for a gourmet cook or grill master? fire pit for marshmallow toasting? hammock for quiet moments?)
- Do you need space for playtime? (soccer practice? bocce court? putting green?)
- Are special spaces needed? (fencing to contain the family dog? outdoor shower?)
Small Backyards Can Still Have Big Style
While you may not have enough room for a pool, you always have enough room for a garden! And, when it comes to backyards, bigger isn't always better. Small outdoor spaces can be enjoyable entertaining spaces (sometimes with much less maintenance than spacious backyards). Using the following, we can transform any small outdoor space into a cozy retreat with big style:
- Water feature - a small water feature can have a big impact
- Vertical planting - using vertical and hanging spaces is both efficient and dramatic
- Focal points - key focal points can add perspective even in the smallest spaces
- Tricks to fool the eye - we break the space into rooms with a few hidden spots
- Lighting - in small spaces, lighting really matters
- Screening - to add privacy
At Dragonfly Landscape Design we combine the art and science of plants with sustainable practices and collaborative design to create backyard landscapes that will enhance your personal style, complement your home’s exterior, and blend elements of your landscaping with your hardscaping to create a unified whole.
Dragonfly Landscape Design is a licensed, insured, full-service landscape design, construction, and maintenance company dedicated to serving the greater Westhampton area and its residents.
Our management teams offers clients more than 100 collective years of landscape design expertise, local plant knowledge and horticultural experience, plant procurement and selection proficiency, and landscape project management experience. From complete landscape renovations to landscape construction, from outdoor living space design to specialty feature installation, to ongoing maintenance for your property, we deliver outstanding and guaranteed results.
Offering Professional Backyard Landscape Design for The Hamptons
We serve the residents in the greater Westhampton area (Remsenburg, Westhampton, Westhampton Beach, Westhampton Dunes, Quiogue, Quogue, East Quogue, Hampton Bays), the Town of Southampton, and neighboring communities. We are here to deliver professional service, local expertise, and responsive customer support for your landscaping projects.